Big Dawg Challenge Course
The Big Dawg Challenge Course is an outdoors, low-ropes workshop designed for groups of all ages. It includes a series of problem-solving experiences that physically and mentally engage teams to develop and execute a plan. Each challenge draws on every team member's contribution (ideas, support, and effort) to achieve the goal. We host academic groups, businesses, athletic teams, and many more. Call the Outdoor Adventures Center at 662-325-3633 to schedule your group.
Goals of the Big Dawg Challenge Course
- Improve self-confidence
- Improve teamwork
- Enhance communication skills
- Promote trust
- Enhance decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Increase individual responsibility & leadership
- Have FUN!
Description & Fees
|Half Day (8am-12pm or 1pm-5pm)|
|# of Participants||University Affiliated Groups||Non-University Organizations|
|Groups of 8-12||$20/person||$25/person|
The Big Dawg Challenge Course lasts 4 hours and can meet from 8:00am - 12:00pm or 1:00pm - 5:00pm. Meals are not provided, but a light snack & drink will be available. Groups are divided into smaller sub-groups of about 8-12 people.
Each group follows this basic schedule:
- Introductions, paperwork and opening group session
- Ice-breaker & problem solving games
- Low course activities
- Wrap-up & final discussions
The group's progression will determine how much time is spent on each activity and which challenges that will be used.
The cost for the course is $20 per person for university groups.
The cost for non-university groups is $25 per person.
Locating the Course
The Big Dawg Challenge Course currently uses Camp Seminole, located just north of Starkville.
Click here for the Map
Registration and Cancellation Policies
- Groups should register at least a week in advance.
- Registration is based on availability of the course and adequate staff.
- Payment will be based on the number of people planning to attend, at time of registration. Groups will also be billed for any extras that may exceed this number.
- Cancellations or reschedules should be made at least 24 hours prior to your reserved time.
- Groups will still meet at the course during light rain. The course will take place inside during inclement weather.
- Should Outdoor Adventures need to reschedule, groups will be notified as soon as possible.
The Big Dawg Challenge Course is a "Challenge by Choice" program. Each participant is ultimately responsible for his/her safety and level of participation.